How to THRIFT on a Budget

8:02 PM



You read this right! - Yes, "thrift" on a budget. 

I feel like it's only right to make sure ya'll are always maximizing your spending potential as a stylish fruGal. You should be getting the best bang for your buck regardless where you are shopping. 

Lately, my clothing budget has been so tight that I've been forced to spend wisely even at the thrift store! I know you are probably saying,"Reallly?" Like, "aren't thrift clothes already cheap enough". Yes, but I clearly remember maybe a month ago I was trying to stretch my $20 thrift budget to new limits but failed horribly because I over spent before the month was up. Sad sad, case..  Don't be like me sis, sis went through so you can come through. 

Here are a few pro - saver tips to make the most of your spending habit when thrifting: 

  • Take Cash Only 
If you only take what you spend you only spend what you have?... Dassit lol Periodt. I find it hard to stay on my budget sometimes so this tried and true method keeps you focused and frugal with your thrift purchases. 


  • Thrift on Major Holidays
Most real day one thrifters can understand the love-hate relationship we have with holiday sales. While everything is normally half off, the crowds tend to be bigger & the probability  of over spending is greater. I think having a list or going for a certain purpose will help you make the most out of this one.  

  • Sign up to be a Valued Customer list                                 
Get on all of 'em. No seriously there is tons of perks to being an insider sorta say with your favorite thrift shop. If it's not your typical thrift store chain, consider talking to the shop owner to getting something started. I know they will appreciate the feedback.

  • Thrift 50% or more tags only
Now I've found this to be most helpful if you are limited to what you can spend. While style, item type, and purpose matters, knowing that an extra half off the already low price can help you max out the number of items you take home that day. Stay focus Sis.. 


  • Stick to your Thrift Wish list
Another challenging but note worthy tip is when you are not just browsing the racks, create your list, and stick to it. If what you have on your list isn't inside the store, that means it's time to go. Fight it sis! Chances are you will end up buying something that you'll be donating back to the thrift store. 


While the average american woman spends twice as much on retail items, the amount of money spent on thrift clothing has to be three times as much more. 

If you are anything like me, you've spent the majority of your days thrifting just for the thrill and leaving with one too many items when you get home that end up not working out. 

Think of this a way to be intentional about what you are buying as well as managing the coins you have to use towards other money goals. 
Sound off in the comments if you have any cool money saving methods to thrifting. I'd love to hear them! 

Hope this post provides value to you for your upcoming thrift trip. It's always a pleasure sharing with you. 

Stay Stylish, 

Tiyunna 


You Might Also Like

0 I want to hear from you!