THRIFTED VINTAGE FIND: CLASSY + FABULOUS

9:32 AM






 There is so much happening right now. I'm putting the finishing touches to this summer’s thrift tour, finishing summer school, trying to stay focused during my full time job, shooting Instagram posts, and making business moves with a few stores and brands. So much to do so little time it seems. I took a break to post on this blog for two reasons. My consistency (it does matter) and my few hours of free time I have this morning! WHEW! 

   Make sure we are staying in touch via my Instagram and Facebook account. As stated previously they are a bit less intimidating and easier for me for now.

So really quick this dress was a part of my latest thrift haul items I found for my models for the ShineConference earlier this month. I tried to convince a few folks to try it on; no one wanted the jewel to showcase during the show, so I tucked it to the side and found a home for it in my closet. HAH! As all the other pieces are there too.

    Anywhoo I really wanted to shoot this dress and its sophistication! Love the thick texture and trendy trench cost look; the style is so me. No judging the dress either, you know I know I should have iron the darn thing. Pray for me. Definitely a fall piece I'll be working again! I'm no stranger to wearing my clothing more than once. Of course you know that already. I'm working on my modeling skills in the process. Check ya girl out! 


The Mysterious THRIFT VINTAGE DRESS of the unknown Designer: 

I did some research on this dress. It was definitely vintage as there is no designer label other than the International Ladies Garment Workers Union label. Not 100% sure. After reading into the history more, the women took pride in their handmade garments. Their hard work and unfair labor treatments are not in vain. I'm proud to be wearing a piece of history.  I value the ethic and determination of the ladies who fought for their rights during this time. It was pretty cool to look into the history of garment and fashion! 


Even more cooler to find authentic items while thrift shopping! Right!?
I wrote a post on the Thrift inStyle Thrift inStyle blog a while back about identifying authentic vintage. Looking forward to sharing more during our next Thrift Tour August 13th! So stoked! Thanks for stopping by Beauty! #lookfortheunionlabel 

It's true I do make cheap look chic! Here are my outfit deets below: 

Outfit Details
Jewelry | $1.99 - Shopper's World | Irving, TX 
Bag| Thrifted a long time ago| Thrift City in Lewisville, TX
Thrifted Vintage Dress | $5.67 – Texas Thrift in Arlington, TX

Black Sandals | $20 - Irving Mall | Irving, TX







You Might Also Like

0 I want to hear from you!