Life without Substance

7:17 PM



SELF-ESTEEM STARTS INSIDE AND RADIATES OUTWARD, NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND. Essena O’Neill 



 In order to truly shine our inner being must radiate with substance. Sometimes we just have to unplug from all of this world's distractions to really be effective in edifying the kingdom. So I've personally decided to step away from blogging and social media for several reasons, mainly to re-evaluate my successes and opportunities thus far. Also to redefine my "Why" in life. I don't want to be defined by a social status. Whether positively or negatively, my ability to see my own worth should be determined solely by me not by (what looks likes) a successful social presence.

    I will not go into depth just yet, but I will say I'm planting my feet on solid ground. Meaning I'm diving into some ultimate alone time with my Creator and getting back to what makes me radiate from the inside out. With so many open doors this year, I can't help but to think that if I became clear on my "why",I know God will fulfill His promise for my life. I've temporarily deactivated my accounts to spend time mentally, spiritually and physically away from the pressures of expectations. Let the resting begin! So far I've been able to rest and spend more time with Leighton which is always a blessing! I feel good knowing I'm doing what is best for me.

It could be life threatening if you stretch yourself thin at the benefit of no one. I worried about the whole consistency thing. I kept trying to push past my burned out stage only to find myself creating content that was contrary to the substance I'm passionate about. That's when I knew it was time to drop the mic and exist stage left! Although I'll be unplugged from you, I'll be on s self discovery to God's will for me with great joy. Be glad to know that when I return we can pick up where we left off, (like good people do) only this time I'll have a refreshed and rejuvenated  mind and soul, I want us moving forward in a purpose-filled journey that will impact lives around us! I do believe, life our plans change but our purpose is inevitable.

Here are a few scriptures I've been meditating on since deciding to seek guidance, relieve anxiety and exhaustion.

Guidance 
Trust the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your path. Proverbs 3: 5-6

Anxiety 
Don't be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  Philippians 4: 6-7

Exhaustion 
Jesus said, "Come to me all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30

All have been getting me through this transitional time. It's completely normal as a believer to feel defeated but the key to recovery is not staying that way. By seeking the word of God and resting on his promise we find peace, joy, and strength to keep walking by Faith.  -God bless- stay true, be you! Love Ty







You Might Also Like

0 I want to hear from you!