First pageant down in the books!

3:36 PM


Competing in a beauty pageant was on a list of goals last year. Wasn't what I imagined but definitely consider it an accomplishment! To single mothers who ever felt like they couldn't dream out loud again, I encourage you to push pass adversity and seek God to restore whatever you thought you lost along the journey! 




This one is definitely one to remember. First let me say this,"Go after your dreams, ask God for direction but do pursue with style and passion!" Excuse the blurriness of this photo (was the only one I could get). I can only imagine what happens to you if you overcome fear by simply showing up! So as a recap of the Building InnerBeauty pageant 2015, let's get right to the good stuff! What did I win!? I did! I won the moment I bit my lip and stepped on the stage as a contestant! 
Building Inner Beauty again is not your average pageant. Of course you have the pageant itself but the experience is quite unique! I had an opportunity to share the stage and the year with some extraordinary, babies, young ladies and women! I am officially Miss Congeniality 2015-16 for the Building Inner Beauty program! As a tittle holder I get to represent this amazing organization throughout the rest of this year and next! 



 I'm so happy I decide to do this. I hesitated often because I really didn't I'd be taken seriously. My friend wonder,"why not past this local pageant and go straight to the big wigs?". My reason was simple, I wanted to overcome my fear and really get the feel of pageantry before jumping out there. Plus, the mission was exactly what I'm passionate about! Inner Beauty! Who cares that it was not a big national pageant. Besides the program is so much needed in our communities, the entire team behind the pageant are all empowering and beautiful souls. I know I made the right decision. I've always promoted inner-beauty (InnerBeauty Outreach was created to exemplify inner-beauty through service and virtuous character). I totally believe anyone interested in building their self esteem or just simply want to support this program should get involved next year! 


until next time, 
TiyunnaJ:)

You Might Also Like

0 I want to hear from you!