Why I support Single Parent Advocate

2:34 PM


 As a single parent I at one point assumed I had to do life alone until I came across Single Parent Advocate. I originally wanted to find college scholarship opportunities for single parents and stumbled across SPA online. My first inquiry was a lengthy one... in addition to scholarship resources I wanted to volunteer. I wanted to help bring hope by utilizing my talent to further the cause. At the time I also had to choose an ideal platform for an upcoming pageant I decided to enter. The Founder Stacy Martin (which is now like my big sister) responded back promptly and the rest was history.

I’ve been actively supporting SPA since 2014 volunteering to several events, and working closely with the Marketing/PR team to bring awareness to Dallas communities. I''m also a blog contributor for the website. In efforts to volunteer my time, I’ve personally gained a sense of confidence in myself, and my ability to not give up on my goals. I also have a thriving support system which includes also Single Parent Advocate.

The mission is more than about assisting families with school supplies, the staff and founder have become more like family to Leighton and I. Within the last year, SPA’s impact has grew increasingly higher than ever before in terms of supporting single parent families.  With over 13 events throughout the year that show love and inspires hope to families, Single Parent Advocate makes doing life a bit more tranquil. This is only the beginning I believe. The more dedication, donations, volunteers and sponsors get involved the more families will experience hope. So although there are tons of non-profit organizations out there I support the mission to provide true hope and real help. I stand with other single parents who are seeking to be the best they can be for their family’s sake with the support of Single Parent Advocate!  

With lots of love,  

                       Ty  Johnson  


You Might Also Like

0 I want to hear from you!