My Latest Outreach Project

3:24 PM




This month I decided to end it with a recap of a project I believe is a positive step towards social change in the world. Small, but successful. I'm sure you know I have a huge heart for single parents in general, but this year I wanted to really impact my community by focusing on one particular area.

Studies show that although the Teen pregnancy rate has decreased since 2010, teen pregnancy in Texas has grown to reflect economic challenges in low poverty areas. Teens are not finishing High School and living on government assistance. 

I believe together we can live positive and fashionably meaningful lives that will create positive change in our society. Creating outreach projects, advocating, and working as a Liaison for the economically distressed allows me the opportunity to be the change I really want to see in our communities and for women and young mothers. I also strongly believe if we stunt growth of teen pregnancy by educating the masses on the value of self value in a society that glamorizes beauty and sex, we can empower spiritual growth and self ambition. This will also cultivate a new standard of beauty. A standard in the millennial that is often hidden behind worldly validation and lack of Godly confidence.

 I want to support "striving to thrive" teen moms, educate young women on the importance of teen pregnancy prevention and self worth, as well as advocate for Teen Moms. On April 9, 2015 some of my favorite people and I, hosted a Live Prom Primp Day for teen moms in the Irving ISD.

We garnered formal gowns, shoes, accessories donations and whole a lot of love to shower teen moms who are staying the course to finishing High School with the opportunity to attend one of their High School milestones. The smiles and gratitude from the young women gave me so much peace. Below are a few moments captured from the day. This is not the last you will hear of this project!

Okay so I haven't posted since last year. #lazybloggersyndrome I have been making strides to finding my ultimate purpose in life. I've found my favorite outlet which is Facebook  www.facebook.com/tiyunnajohnson


 I find it easier and less intimidating than blogging. ERRGGHH...

PICTURES FROM THE EVENT BELOW:




Project Prom Queen: Teen Mom Exclusive


Like to call this Success. These young ladies found the perfect gowns! 

Make up tutorials and demos where performed 



Some of the Kaayootest ( made it up) shoes will be worn to the prom! 
Uhmm, yup the cupcakes were amazing. Thanks to Loft22_cakes for donating
the bomb.com cupcakes! 




There were so many people who made this a successful event.
Shoe Me Shoes 
Prescilla Collins
Christy Record of Swank Soriee
 Anitoch Christian Church 
Kila Smith of Array Bridal Boutique 
Cyndi Roberston
Jessica Ayers
Kionica Tolbert
Kenyada Osburne
Laura Banda of Miss Builing  Inner Beauty 2014
Sha'Niqua Alford
Dress and Shoe donors
Cordney Smith Photgraphy
and many many more..
 I'm honored to have served with such great folks and could not have made this event possible without you! 

You Might Also Like

0 I want to hear from you!